National Council of Exchangors promotes advancing education in real estate related topics. We know that superior knowledge is the key to success for our clients and our profession.
EMS Designation. The NCE Board of Directors has taken important steps to increase the prestige and credibility of the Equity Marketing Specialist (EMS) designation. In the past, the EMS designation was an integral part of becoming a member. Other than a 2-day introductory course, the EMS designation was assigned to each new member, regardless of the level of education and experience of the member. That is no longer the case for new members. Receiving the EMS designation will now require that all new members satisfy certain educational and experience requirements before they are awarded the EMS designation. The standards are recommended by the Education Committee and approved by the Board of Directors. The standards may change from time-to-time. Requirements to become an EMS are:
- Completed EMS Application
- NCE Membership
- Holding an active Real Estate License for a minimum of three years.
- 16 hours of NCE approved advanced education in areas such as formulas,
counseling, taxation, negotiation, and similar courses. A list of approved courses is available.
- 48 hours of documented attendance at marketing sessions at the local, regional, or national level.
The Education Chairperson may determine a waiver of some of these requirements depending on experience and equivalent education. The Education Chairperson will solely determine any equivalency standards or waivers.
NCE periodically presents educational courses in:
- 1031 Exchange Strategies
- Broker Estate Building
- Creative Solutions
- Equity Marketing, Basic and Advanced
- Moderator Training
- Promissory Notes
- Specialized Areas (examples: Asset Protection, Foreclosure, Insurance, Real Estate Law, Negotiation, Tax Law)
- Others as requested